Tuesday 10 January 2012

The preparation continues

Well, it was probably a bit dim to try to start a blog just before the Yule and New Year period, but I have pretty much finished preparing Tatters of the King for play and yesterday Tim and I rolled up his investigator.  Tim just needs to finish writing the back story and he's good to go (insane).  Hopefully we'll finish creating the other three players' characters in the next day or so, and with a bit of luck get the first session running this week.

As for handouts, character sheets and divers paraphernalia I am going to use dce's beautiful Art Deco character sheet, and Droesler's fantastic NPC and  Object cards.  As ever, the creativeness of fellow Yoggies makes me feel like a talentless dimwit, so I can only thank them for their wonderful efforts.

Although much of this campaign is going to be played online, I have created the playlists for backgound music and sound effects.  I use the one true music player foobar2000 which makes creating playlists a breeze and I've been experimenting with SceneSound, developed bknode, another very talented Yoggie.  I'm not sure how I'll use them in the online sessions, but they will be ready for our face to face weekends, and besides, I enjoy making them; they help me focus on getting the atmosphere right, something which is all the more important in Tatters of the King.  I work quite hard on choosing background and thematic soundtracks for games, so I may post the playlists later.  I collect pretty obscure music, so it might be interesting for someone.






No comments:

Post a Comment